Did you know that simply by using your government funded mobility allowance you can get a new scooter or powerchair?
If you receive either the “Higher Rate Mobility Component” of the “Disability Living Allowance” (Currently £49.85 a week) or the “War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement” from the “Service Personnel and Veterans Agency” (currently £55.65 a week) and you have at least 12 months allowance remaining then you can use some of your allowance to lease a scooter or powered wheelchair from Motability.
Mobility scooters and electric wheelchairs are available on a three year (five years on some specialised powerchairs) Contract Hire lease. This simply means that the product is leased from Motability and that the relevant amount of your allowance will be paid to Motability every 4 weeks. If you have any value remaining after the relevant amount has been taken, you will still receive this as normal.
The Worry-Free Package
95% of current Motability customers would recommend the scheme to a friend
- A new scooter or powered wheelchair every three years
- Standard pricing nationwide
- Massive choice of scooters & powerchairs
- Full insurance covering accidents, damage & theft
- Loss and damage protection
- Breakdown assistance 24 hours per day, 365 days a year
- Servicing, maintenance and repairs are all included in the price
Last Updated: October 16, 2012