If you are looking at purchasing a brand new mobility scooter or powerchair on the Motability scheme, it's important to consider all of the following factors to ensure that the product is the right one for you.
- Your current height and weight
- Your weekly budget for rental
- The distance that you're going to travel
- If the disabilities you have will affect you getting on and off the scooter/powerchair
- Do you have full use of your hands for the controls?
- Will you need to travel on roads?
- Are there any high kerbs that you will need to tackle on your journey?
- Are there any steep hills that you will be going up/down?
- How much shopping will you be carrying on your mobility scooter or powerchair?
- Do you need to get the scooter or powerchair into a vehicle?
- Do you have somewhere safe at home to store and charge it?
- Are you going to need to be able to use it inside of your home?
- Can you think of any additional accessories that you may need? (e.g. ramps)
- Is your condition likely to change over the course of your Motability lease?
- Do you have step-free access into your home?
You should check your answers from these questions against the features and specification of the mobility scooter or powerchair that you are interested in to ensure that it is the correct product for you. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you are unsure.